Position Type: Perm / Direct Hire
The VP of HR will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resource function. This person will be responsible for the strategic human resources planning and positioning the company as the employer of choice by being aware of industry policies, practices and trends.
- Facilitates and oversees human resources functions such as recruitment, new hire orientation, performance reviews, benefit administration, safety and workers' compensation administration, employee relations, and terminations.
- Develops and implements HR policies and programs in collaboration with management when appropriate; regularly reviews existing policies for effectiveness and needed changes.
- Leads organization wide compensation, consulting, diversity, and employee relations strategic planning
- Responds to inquiries regarding company policies, procedures, and programs.
- Stays current with local, state and federal employment laws and regulations, makes internal process adjustments as needed.
- Assists Director of Training and Development with training or education initiatives
- Conducts or facilitates investigations on employee relations issues and advises management on appropriate resolution.
- Advises and supports management and executives regarding hiring decisions, equal employment opportunity, compensation, benefits, and health/safety issues.
- Develops, implements, and monitors the human resources annual budget.
- Analyzes trends in turnover, hiring, promotions, separations, and employee engagement concerns to determine support or action needed to adjust unfavorable trends.
- Leads employee engagement initiatives to foster a workplace culture in-line with company's mission, vision and values.
- Trains management on leadership and employee relations skills.
- Utilizes behavioral and cognitive assessments for hiring decisions and support franchise sales through assessments for franchise candidates.
- Assists Controller in business insurance renewals.
- Assists Executives in succession planning, working in a consultative manner.
- Ensures people strategies and plans are translates into action and tangible results.
- Manages change processes and supports the business by pulling in change agents to support the entire organization.
- Participates in strategic planning process to ensure HR function integrates with company strategic plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 7-10 years of Human Resource or Organizational effectiveness experience, showing a progressive path
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred
- Prior leadership experience required
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills – Solid decision-making abilities
- Experience utilizing behavioral assessments
- Stellar organizational, analytical and communications (written and verbal) skills are a must
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects or issues simultaneously