We are seeking a candidate with deep sustainability knowledge and hands-on experience executing sustainability strategies to work closely with the Global Senior Director in supporting the company's strategic sustainability goals.
In this role, you will work to advance, elevate, align, and execute the global sustainability vision and strategy. You will partner with global business leaders to develop and execute sustainability plans across the division.
- Partner with Global Sr. Director to execute sustainability strategy and 2025/2030 Sustainability goals.
- Collaborate with the company's internal groups (for example plant management, engineering, EHS, marketing) to develop a coordinated sustainability plan.
- Build sustainability principles into short and long-range business planning, capital planning and operations planning.
- Research and monitor sustainability issues, concerns, or stakeholder interests and develop strategy to address those issues.
- Work with innovation, product line managers, operations, and other key stakeholders to ensure sustainability strategy is implemented, monitored, and reported.
- Work with innovation, product line managers, operations, procurement and other key stakeholders to develop and implement roadmaps to improve sustainability and de-carbonize solutions.
- Liaising with colleagues, directors and experts to gain valuable expertise from third parties.
- Working with other departments, such as commercial, operations, marketing, etc. to open lines of communication about changes that will be implemented and the impact they will have on the workplace and the environment.
- Actively engage with key customers on sustainability related issues.
- Develop eco-system partnerships where appropriate to leverage position in the apparel eco space.
- Develop cadence and process to measure the performance of the organization's current sustainability practices; establish a benchmark from which to improve
- Manage monitoring and reporting of corporate and brand sustainability activities.
- Initiating a course of action so that sustainability metrics are gathered and recorded over time, to measure and chart improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Sustainability, Environmental Science, Environmental Policy, or related field.
- Excellent understanding of sustainability concepts and frameworks, specifically de-carbonisation.
- Previous Global experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of social and environmental trends.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills, including communicating and marketing sustainable efforts.
- Highly analytical, can synthesize information and offer recommendations/solutions.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to lead, contribute, and influence others in a team-based organization, and lead a team of people
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with cross-functional business teams within our global network and with external parties.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders of multiple levels, within and outside the company.