Location: Dallas, TX
Position Type: Perm / Direct Hire
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing Level II technical hardware, software, and Audiovisual (AV) support. They will facilitate and resolve a wide variety of requests, inquiries and complaints with the use of their extensive technical knowledge of hardware and software. The Technical Support Specialist will work independently and as part of a team.
- Assists users to resolve computer related problems such as inoperative hardware, software or AV related issues, including network connections. Resolve customer inquiries efficiently and effectively through the use of active listening and personalizing techniques with a constant focus on service excellence.
- Hardware Support functions include, but are not limited to, end user support, desktop support, laptop support, visiting office setups, and mobile device support. Perform computer imaging and post image configurations, preventative maintenance, and basic printer troubleshooting working with the vendor on repairs.
- Software support functions include, but are not limited to, troubleshooting of applications that are standard within the environment, installation and configuration of software, updates and preventative maintenance, and support of third party applications in coordination with vendors.
- Manage the assets that are both deployed and in inventory, maintain accurate Asset records for each user and each piece of equipment. Coordinate and perform Hardware moves, changes and exchanges.
- Provide break/fix support for telephones, including handsets, telephone cords and telephone base-units.
- Assist with work projects such as converting to new hardware or software, office moves and special events.
- Manage and process hardware warranty claims and issues, and facilitate warranty repairs with third party vendors.Document and maintain user request and incident records in IT Service Management System.
- Setup, testing, operation, and tear down of audiovisual (AV) and videoconference (VTC) equipment; (e.g., video data projection systems, computers, audio- and videoconference equipment, video switchers, microphones, video cameras, audio systems, and operation of integrated AV systems). Provide best effort assistance to fulfill any multimedia technical needs as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience providing direct and exceptional user support in a high performance culture, including:
- Experience supporting Windows-based computers, including Microsoft Windows 10
- Experience supporting VoIP Telephony solutions
- Experience with enterprise imaging solutions for Windows-based computers
- Experience supporting Smartphones, e.g., iPhone, Android
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office Applications and Remote Access technology, such as Citrix