Location: 100% Remote
Position Type: Perm / Direct Hire or Contract to Hire
The Technical Product Owner is responsible for driving the SRE vision – you will guide your teams through clear vision, roadmaps, prioritized backlogs, user personas, user scenarios, feature, and user story writing. You will be working daily with users, stakeholders, and engineers within an Agile environment to solve key friction points by leveraging DevOps inspired practices, culture, and technology.
- Partnering with engineering, product and Architect leads to build product roadmaps for SRE.
- Creating a long-term strategy for observability and tooling investments, including managing vendor relationships
- Implementing and maintaining Service-Level Indicators (SLIs) and Service-Level Objectives (SLOs)
- Creating profiles of users (software engineers) and ensuring SRE's products addresses their needs
- Championing reliability ownership across non-SRE teams and enabling them to account for & track reliability of the services they're responsible for
- Owning the vision and strategy for: incident management, disaster recovery, performance testing, chaos engineering, etc.
- Be the single point of accountability for owning the success of your technical capability by driving the team to deliver valuable solutions for stakeholders.
- Form relationships, collaborate, and learn from stakeholders about their friction points related to existing products as well as gaps in existing offerings.
- Based on the changing technological needs and feedback from stakeholders, collaborate with technical leads and architects to develop a vision f or new offerings or improvements to existing capabilities.
- Drive the team to deliver on user stories that represent valuable features and solutions for stakeholders.
- 3 or more years of demonstrated technical product management, technical project management, business analyst or engineering experience
- Excellent technical understanding to navigate technical discussions and translate stakeholder needs into a solid vision, roadmap, and backlog. While this is not a coding job you must be able to effectively communicate with developers as they are an important stakeholder.
- Must be intellectually curious and detail oriented to analyze and synthesize data across multiple stakeholders with multiple perspectives as input to sound decision making.