Duration: Direct Hire/Permanent
Compensation: up to $90k/yr Base + Benefits
*** U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. ***
The Systems Specialist will be responsible for managing the successful technical operation of production and back office systems. This person will work very closely with Help Desk, Software Development, the Business Strategy Group as well as the customer base.
- Monitoring the Back Office production software applications, which is a mission critical, high volume, real-time transaction processing environment.
- Monitoring production server hardware, networking and data center environments to ensure efficient system operation.
- Constantly evaluating daily procedures to build automation tools and scripts to optimize the management of multiple environments.
- Participate in managing the change control process, implementation and fallback planning, business continuity planning and supporting periodic User Acceptance Testing.
- Providing, managing and facilitating customer service and technical support for functional testing, connectivity, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Participating in real time incident identification and remediation and executing Failover procedures to maintain the health of the system.
- 2+ years working in operations or support in a real-time systems environment.
- Must have some knowledge of Python scripting.
- Eagerness to script and learn new technologies to advance and automate our environments a must.
- Strong knowledge of the Linux command line interface and basic shell scripting.
- Knowledge of communications protocols such as TCP/IP, Multicast and UDP a plus.
- Knowledge of Git a plus.
- Knowledge of a job scheduler/automation application like Tidal, Jenkins or Autosys a plus.
- Should have a problem solving oriented mindset with strong troubleshooting, oragnization and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual or within a team.
- Any knowledge of equity or options products is a plus.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in IT/Computer related field.