Job Title: Network Engineer
Location: Remote (1 Day onsite in Houston every other week)
Network Services team works to enable our business to lead in a market that is increasingly enhanced by technology. Our client is undertaking a substantial technology transformation in the area of Networking and Cloud Services.
- Evaluate, design and maintain the most highly technical and complex aspects of existing and proposed network solutions. This includes WAN, LAN, Security, Load Balancing, and Wi-Fi solutions.
- Designs, oversee implementations, assist with troubling shooting outages, maintain highly advanced network strategies to meet a broad spectrum of business requirements
- Lead simple to complex projects start to finish with proper documentation (SOWs & As Builds, & Diagrams)
- Responsibilities include both operational and project-based elements
- Supports the user community via Remedy tickets, and assist in problem resolution
- Make recommends of advanced solutions which include both hardware and software
- Prepare network designs, lead implementations, or perform modifications to complex network solutions
- Monitor operations of LAN, WAN, Load Balancing, VPN, Security, and Wi-Fi.
- Manages relationships between telecommunications carriers, managed services, other teams, and user community
- Acts as the Network SME for the team
- Monitors all aspects of projects and day to day operations as it relates to network services
- Design, implement, maintain, recommend, and support local and remote portions of the enterprise network.
- Creates and maintains detailed project plans, scopes of work, network diagrams, and other technical documentation of the enterprise network.
- Provide timely project status updates to customers, PMO Teams, and management.
- Performs operational tasks with Remedy ticket support.
- Understanding and ongoing support of all LAN, WAN, VPN, WLS, IPT, Load Balancing, Security, content filtering, and DataCenter related operations.
- Work in an enterprise IT environment with specific tasks related to network security, and firewall administration. Conduct regular compliance assessments of the enterprise network environment.
- Participate in design and strategy meetings for assigned IT projects for the enterprise network.
- Work with various IT and business-based groups as a subject matter expert (SME).
- Perform complex problem isolation within the network infrastructure.
- Provide continuous research, assessment, recommendations, and implementation of new technologies as needed by the organization.
- Expected to be available 24X7X365 as required to maintain the enterprise infrastructure.
- Participate in an enterprise infrastructure On-call rotation.
- Participate in an advisory role with other IT and Business based groups as it relates to networking.
- Lead implementation efforts across the enterprise network and ensure that projects are executed according to design, within project time frames, and budget
- Develops and recommends strategies for network growth, Wi-fi, Load Balancing, security, and other network enhancements by maximizing the functionality of routers, switches, Wireless, and firewalls.
- 5+ years of experience in Networking
- Certificates such as CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert), and/or MCSE preferred