Duration: Permanent/Direct Hire
Compensation: up to $125k/yr + Benefits
Location: on site in Chicago, IL office 3 days/week
*** U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. ***
- Monitor and maintain database security.
- Migrate databases between servers and various platforms.
- Review database object and create and maintain change controls.
- Analyze and resolve SQL Server faults.
- Investigate and resolve reported application issues, escalating issues as necessary to the application owners.
- Design, develop and implement internal data feeds, data reporting extracts and ETL processes between disparate systems.
- Document data flows, application specifications from a DB perspective and system procedures.
- Monitor relational databases to optimize performance, resource use, backup/recovery, and physical implementation.
- Implement and maintain data distribution and disaster recovery solutions, such as mirroring, replication, and log shipping.
- Implement, create reports and provide general support for SQL Server Reporting services.
- Support highly-available and disaster recovery (HA/DR) database technologies (such as SQL Clustering and SQL Server Availability Groups across multiple data centers).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience installing and working with SQL 2012, SQL 2014, SQL 2016 and SQL 2019.
- Strong knowledge of Windows 2012 and 2016.
- Strong knowledge of physical and VMWare SQL configuration from an infrastructure perspective.
- Strong understanding of security implementation.
- Experience with SQL Server performance management and tuning, including understanding of SQL execution plans.
- Experience with troubleshooting long-running queries and transaction logs.
- Experience working with and creating reports in SSRS.
- Experience working with vendors for 3rd party products and integrations.
- SQL Server Administration experience including:
- Stored Procedure Code Development and Standardization
- Data Integration and Migration (SSIS)
- Management Studio
- Database Auditing and Controls
- Proven troubleshooting abilities.
- Strong planning and analysis skills.
- Strong documentation skills.