Duration: Perm / Full-Time
Location: Houston, TX
In this role, you are the subject matter expert consulting to HR, IT, Global Talent Management, Enterprise Architect, and other business stakeholders and supporting the Workday platform and its broader technology ecosystem, including third-party system integrations., You will be responsible for the ongoing vendor relationship with Workday and informing the long-term strategy for the Workday platform. You will leverage your knowledge of Workday to work with business stakeholders, and Corporate BT technical resources to establish governance processes, identify and document requirements, architect solutions, and drive completion of initiatives making sure overall usability of the system and its downstream dependencies are reliable.
- Owns people management responsibilities for 2–6 business analysts. This is a global role.
- Owns the development and delivery of one or multiple high complexity software product(s) in Workday, hands on experience of Workday modules such as but not limited to – Onboarding, Recruiting, HCM and Advanced Compensation, reporting and analytics functions.
- Owns and drives key business relationships for WD
- Creates & maintains an executable backlog of product requirements
- Understands, defines, and communicates prioritization of product requirements with a mind toward business value and tradeoffs
- Inspects product progress throughout the sprint and is empowered to make critical decisions and accept work completed by the team. Supports product team members as they engage with stakeholders, build a backlog, and deliver work
- Keeping current on new capabilities of Talent & Employee Engagement/Experience technologies, new functionality/features/capabilities of Workday, market trends, and other industry products and technologies.
- Have an in depth understanding of business processes related to specific areas of Workday, including understanding of E2E Workday integration points.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to support prioritization of feature requests and initiatives in Workday, integrated systems and reporting tools and provide expertise and/or oversight for implementation of Workday roadmap items or business priorities.
- Work closely with stakeholders and internal technology partners and include industry best practices to architect technology solutions needed to drive alignment of business needs and lead discussions to arrive at mutually agreeable solution options and integrations.
- Establish project management discipline and governance processes to support initiatives end to end from project planning through testing to delivery to ensure a successful end-user experience for all new deployments and on-going maintenance of Workday and integrations.
- Work with technical resources to maintain platform health and look for continuous improvement options, as well as assist with troubleshooting/resolution of escalated product issues.
- Lead platform governance across teams that leverage Workday for their business processes, reinforcing the governance structures, including guiding principles alignment, impact considerations, driving to collaborative and consistent recommendations and decisions.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience leading Workday HRMS strategy and managing Workday support teams
- 10+ years of total experience in the HRMS space.
- Experience with solution design, system configuration and implementation of changes within Workday.
- Experience translating business requirements into technical solutions within Workday and working cross functionally across global teams.
- Strong understanding of Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban and other agile development frameworks
- Proven experience managing design and delivery of highly technical and complex large-scale products
- Sound knowledge of emerging technologies focusing on cloud products, SaaS platforms, or Enterprise Applications
- Experience integrating Workday with other employee productivity and business platforms.
- Experience with establishing relationships across IT and business teams and defining platform governance.
- Experience working with Workday account team and third-party implementation and system integration vendors.
- Understanding of key HR concepts and processes.
- Project Management experience with focus on design, facilitating development, testing and delivery.
- Familiarity with SOX controls and awareness of technical security operations and information security standards.