Duration: 6+ months
Compensation: up to $150/hr
Location: 100% REMOTE (PST timezone preferred)
***U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas at this time.***
Scope of work:
Software Engineer/Architect needed to join a newly created pod for application incident support on shifted hours for a leading financial applications firm. You will have crossover time with other development pods on US hours, and the escalation team will be responsible for after hours and weekend on-call rotations as application SME's.
Escalation team member workday start at 11a PST (2p EST).
4 day workweek rotation + 1 weekend day (but all days 12 hour mix of work & on-call).
What that means in hours:
– On weekdays team members works 4 days (32 hours work + 16 hours on call).
– On weekends team members have at least one 12 hour shift (4 hours work + 8 hours on call).
- 3+ year React.js.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- A focus on front-end development.
- Experience with Redux or another state store.
- Also have experience with HTML5, CSS, and Storybook.js.
- Comfortable in microservice environments & interacting with REST APIs.
- Passion for building scalable and responsive customer facing applications.
- Belief in writing unit tests and/or TDD.
- Ability to accomplish engineering task independently.