Position Type: Direct Hire
As a Software Development Manager, you will provide leadership and guidance to software development teams to help a fast-growing SaaS company to rapidly deliver quality products to market. The main purpose of this team is solving problems, debugging and optimizing code to ensure optimum performance and security.
- Create an environment that promotes learning; enabling resources to resolve and remove their own obstacles, while supporting individuals and teams to learn from failing fast.
- Employ a lean leadership style, one that focuses on developing skills and career paths for team members.
- Attract, recruit, and retain capable individuals to build high-performant teams; establish mission and purpose for individuals and teams.
- Perform career coaching and personal development; evaluate performance, including team input; provide guidance and corrective actions.
- Create an environment of transparency where facts are always friendly so that individuals and teams feel free to innovate, experiment, and communicate openly and honestly with all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to eliminate impediments and evolve systems and practices in support of Lean-Agile development.
- Experience supervising professional-level Engineering staff through large complex projects
- Significant understanding and knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices
- and procedures within the software engineering and architecture field
- Experience and understanding of enterprise-level agile processes
- Understanding of a variety of industry frameworks, tools, and technologies utilized in implementing modern enterprise software solutions.
- Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 7 years prior relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- 6+ years of enterprise software development experience with 2+ years of leadership experience
- Experience in the FinTech space desirable
- Experience with engineering software using the Microsoft stack of technologies desirable