Location: Chicago, IL (Remote Flexibility)
Position Type: Direct Hire
The IT Portfolio Manager manages the IT solutions for their designated business process area – in this case, the area of General Ledger/Accounting & Reporting/Accounts Payable (liaising with the Controller's office) within the firm's Accounting organization.
- Work across departments to gather and understand the varying perspectives on the portfolio and its solutions – business function, user, technology, security, etc.
- Stay current with trends in their assigned area – both in terms of business trends and technology trends that influence the area. Maintain awareness of best practices and competitive intelligence of what other firms are doing in this area.
- Based on the above, determine the short- and long-term roadmaps for their portfolio – adjusting over time as priorities and technologies change. Communicate and socialize the roadmap to achieve executive buy-in.
- Provide leadership and guidance to a team of analysts to facilitate necessary efforts for meeting business requirements
- Make key tradeoff, risk, and other critical decisions to do the “right” thing for the portfolio, taking into account all perspectives.
- Champion change and innovation in the area – socializing a forward-thinking portfolio of projects and portfolio roadmap.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading portfolios of projects and business systems balancing a variety of perspectives and interests
- A minimum of 2 years of experience creating and managing product roadmaps, including enhancement and other user requests
- Demonstrated experience in multiple IT-related functional disciplines (e.g. two or more of: Business Analysis, Project Management, Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Security, Quality Assurance, etc.)
- Experience with Financial Systems, specifically Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Financial Statement Reporting, Procurement, etc modules/functionality
- Experience in current technology trends
- Law firm experience