Duration: Direct Hire/Permanent Placement
Compensation: up to $120k Base + Bonus (up to 20%) + Benefits
*** U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. ***
Reporting to the Head of IT Service Management (ITSM) Operations, the Incident Manager is responsible for ensuring that incidents with potential or actual significant impact to the business are dealt with efficiently and with minimum disruption to the business or operations. The Incident Manager will also be expected to support other ITSM processes within the group, particularly Change Management and Problem Management.
- Acting as a point of escalation for all P1/P2 incidents.
- Triaging emerging incidents, assessing the impact or potential impact and determining the priority in accordance with the Group's criteria.
- Driving incidents through to resolution.
- Ensuring the correct resources are working on the resolution of major incidents appropriate to the severity, and identifying when escalation is required and triggering such escalation accordingly.
- Facilitating on major incident conference bridges and taking responsibility for ensuring that the information shared on the bridge is clear and concise.
- Providing regular summaries of the status on major incident calls.
- Continually reviewing the impact and reassessing whether the priority of an incident needs to be changed or further escalation required.
- Ensuring communications are sent to stakeholders at regular intervals and within expected timeframes.
- Ensuring that actions taken to resolve incidents comply with the group's change management policy and business approval is obtained when required.
- Recording a detailed chronology of the incident for use in post incident reviews.
- Identifying areas requiring improvement both from a procedural, technical or cultural perspective, capturing these issues and progressing them through the correct channel – either via a Post Incident Review or other channels as appropriate.
- Supporting the Change Management process by advising on risk of planned changes based on potential impact to service.
- Supporting the Problem Management process by ensuring identified gaps and risks are captured and addressed before they materialize into business impacting incidents or repeat incidents.
- Contribute to design and development of the Incident Management process, including making recommendations on tooling requirements and reports.
- Able to provide 24×7 coverage which will require a combination of participating in a weekend callout rotation (once every 3 weeks nights & weekends) and also providing on-call cover, split between the US and UK time zones to ensure there is always someone available for immediate escalation of potential business impacting incidents.
- ITIL certified to Foundation level.
- Flexibility to continually work under changing and different work scenarios.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience of managing major incidents requiring the coordination of multiple teams.
- An understanding and experience of the technology used in large financial organizations (i.e. one or more of: Unix/Linux, Windows, storage, networking, databases, IT security, market data or trading application support).