Job Type: Direct Hire
Your Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
You will implement cutting-edge software solutions, participate in agile ceremonies, partner closely with your associated Product Manager to provide input on technical status or prospects for existing and future work, mentor teammates, participate in technical architecture discussions, and overall promote the creation of outstanding work for your POD.
You will build scalable and robust Python-based API’s using a combination of tools, including Pandas, FastAPI and SQLAlchemy. You will deploy these API’s to managed container services such as App Engine and Kubernetes, as well as server-less Google Cloud functions, depending upon associated requirements.
You are experienced in interacting directly with various cloud-based storage systems such as PostgreSQL and Redis. You will be passionate about enhancing Torqata’s point-of-sale processing microservices to enhance data quality and streamline customer onboarding experiences. You will be responsible for creating and enhancing web portals for Torqata’s third party partners and will also build data synchronization functionalities across tools that are utilized internally by different teams. You will also build enhancements for Torqata’s primary website and partner with technical leads, product managers, data engineers, data scientists, designers and other software engineers to building compelling, novel user-facing products.
You have deep experience in agile, agile at scale, and lean agile disciplines. In addition, you understand the replacement tire (or auto parts) industry dynamics, its key pain points as well as the existing technology infrastructure through which industry participants currently collaborate. You also have a strong track record for being highly motivated, always learning, willing to share their knowledge and experience, and, most of all, excited to be part of a company that has the goal of revolutionizing the tire industry. You will bring a great attitude and commitment to get the job done.
- 5+ years of professional experience
- B.S or higher – engineering, computer science or other relevant degree
- Strong core Python experience
- Proficient in at least one Python API framework such as Flask, Django, or FastAPI (FastAPI preferred)
- Experience with creating front-end web applications in at least one modern framework (Angular, React, Vue, etc)
- Strong SQL database skills (PostgreSQL preferred) including writing/optimizing efficient queries and leveraging advanced ORM features with SQLAlchemy
- Experience with building, debugging and optimization of production-ready APIs
- Software delivery experience in a Cloud/DevOps environment, GitFlow, and containerization
- Ability to navigate and work within a Linux environment
- Ability to travel at least quarterly
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- M.S or higher in relevant fields
- Experience in replacement tire or auto-aftermarket industry
- Professionally cloud certified (GCP preferred)
- Familiar with schema validation and modeling libraries such as Pydantic or Marshmallow
- Experience data munging with numpy, scipy, pandas, and similar libraries.
- Knowledge of the OpenAPI specificiation and building API documentation with tools like Swagger
- Previous experience with Google Cloud Platform: App Engine, Storage, CloudSQL(data offerings such as GCS, BigQuery, cloudSQL are a plus)
- Experience working directly with data science/advanced analytics workflows