Location: Charlotte, NC
Primary responsibilities include centralizing automation, innovation, and research to design, develop, and implement process improvements and simplification. The Director, Index Process Automation is expected to lead transformational change across the Benchmark & Indices Operations global team. About Benchmark & Indices Operations The Benchmark & Indices Operations staff consists of over 300 professionals and support staff in more than 15 locations globally.
- Globally lead the research, design, and implementation of programmatic solutions as needed to meet client and market expectations and to improve efficiencies. Reduction of operational risk is a key requirement; tools and software are fundamentally integrated into the daily production processes and hence must be scalable and robust..
- Work in close partnership with leaders of the four pillars to increase productivity through automation, re-engineering, and other strategies and to initiate and develop new areas of coverage, growth, and capability.
- Lead local solutions architect: development, maintenance, training, and support of key local solutions and software.
- Lead interface between the Index Technology development team and Operations staff for key projects and initiatives.
- Oversee the diagnosing and resolution of hardware, network, and application issues.• Liaise with third-party software, platform, and tools providers.
- Manage a global team of technical professionals with programming and index/data expertise.
- Coordinate closely with the B&I Operations Compliance and Controls function to ensure a robust controls and governance framework and delivery of regulatory commitments.
- Minimum 8-10 years' experience designing/coding web-based front-end systems; leading teams responsible for software design and support
- Deep expertise with Python (preferred) and other programming languages, relational databases, SQL, and cloud computing• Knowledge of Business Process Mapping methodology.
- Superior organizational and project management skills; extensive expertise in designing and publishing detailed specification requirements.
- Possess (or potential to swiftly possess) a comprehensive knowledge of asset-type specific methodologies, models, and analytics.
- Expertise in global financial markets; financial industry experience, ideally supporting Index and Data Management processes preferred.
- Extensive leadership experience, demonstrated effectiveness in training, mentoring, and coaching. Ability to create a high-performance culture by managing effectively, differentiating performance, developing talent, and building diverse teams.
- Communication skills: excellent oral and written skills, extensive experience in articulating complex, technical specs/requirements and effectively partnering with technology and business leads and stakeholders.
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills.
- Transformational mindset.