The Director of Data Center Operations is responsible for management of the enterprise-class data center infrastructure operations globally by utilizing modern DCIM (Data Center Infrastructure Management) systems which enables the successful achievement of business objectives by ensuring critical infrastructure capacity, reliability, and availability.
- Build short-term and long-term data center infrastructure demand and capacity models to optimize capacity and financial decisions.
- Increase visibility into data center operations by developing capacity insights and KPI's for data centers utilization.
- Decide, direct, and document all hardware and infrastructure placements within the data centers, supervise installation progress, and verify completion and accuracy.
- Build and maintain a close vendor relationship with Data Center provider(s).
- Partner with Finance to support planning, budgeting, and forecasting of Data Center costs
- Constantly working with DCIM software to ensure it is complete and accurate regarding asset management, physical layout, power consumption, thermal mappings, network connections, etc. Ensure critical path capacity thresholds are automatically identified.
- Ensure all Infrastructure moves, adds, and changes are properly planned and documented to reduce risk of failures and/or capacity issues.
- Manage technology vendors and suppliers, data center partners, and outsourcing agencies to buy technology assets and ensure the efficient running of the technology organization.
- Collaborate closely with Infrastructure teams to understand Strategic roadmaps and changes as it relates to Data Center operations.
- 5+ years of experience managing multiple Data Centers and large-scale compute environment.
- Experienced driving specifications for tooling and automation that facilitate remote monitoring of Infrastructure asset management, uptime, capacity, space, thermal, and power utilization.
- Experience managing budgets ($10 M+) and business-planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, related field; or equivalent relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of DCIM (Data Center Infrastructure Management) software.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with peers, leaders and other senior management within and outside organization.
- Experience managing and supporting the installation of infrastructure components – Server, Storage, Network, and other data center housed technologies.
- ITIL, Six Sigma, Project Management, Technical certifications related to Data Center Management would be a plus.