Duration: 6+ months contract to hire
Location: 100% Remote
*** U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas at this time. ***
*** No Vendors/3rd parties. ***
Need to have deep dive experience in Linux engineering and are responsible maintenance, and performance tuning Cloud systems. Responsible for deploying, maintaining and improving the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly. The role requires you to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement. Preferred AWS specialist certification.
- Hands on knowledge of Linux, especially Red Hat Enterprise Linux versions 7 through 8.
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as ntp,smtp,bind, Apache,etc.
- Experience installing and configuring Redhat Satellite server and Oracle Spacewalk server.
- Experience in the installation, configuration, and administration of components in a large environment centered around best practices, to include vCenter, VMware Update Manager, vCenter Operations Manager, vCenter Orchestrator, vCenter Cloud Automation Center, vCenter Site Recovery Manager.
- Knowledge on Linux LVM/NFS/Auto FS.
- Experience in Patch Management
- Hands on experience on User administration.
- Need to have knowledge on DR activity/Storage migration.
- AWS, Windows Linux knowledge to provide L1 and L2 support on AWS infrastructure Experience with Microsoft Azure, Azure Resource Management templates, Virtual Machines, AWS disks, VNet, subnet creation and NSG UDR rules, AWS storage
- Monitoring & event management & alert dispatch for PaaS / IaaS
- Incident, Problem, Change, Request for PaaS
- Candidate should have 3-6 years of experience in Linux administrator for both on-prem and cloud
- Should have 1-2 years of experience in Azure
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication, teamwork and negotiation skills
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design
- The ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Good organizational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Troubleshoot issues with Azure Cloud Deployment
- Individual contributor role
- Work in 24 x 7 support model
- The ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT
- Willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology
- Cloud Administration
- Cloud Automation DevOps
- Cloud Computing
- Nice to Have:
- Cloud Orchestration
- Linux Scripting
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)