Duration: Direct Hire/Permanent
Compensation: up to $175k Base + Bonus + Benefits
Location: New York, NY (On-site Post Covid)
*** No Vendors/3rd parties. ***
*** U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas at this time. ***
As a Cloud Data Architect, you will be responsible for designing and delivering innovative solutions using related cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP and/or Azure. You'll be working directly with clients to help define their cloud data strategy and translating their needs through the implementation of cutting-edge data solutions.
- Lead analysis, architecture, design, and development of data warehouse, data lake and business intelligence solutions.
- Research, analyze, recommend, and select technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging migration, development and integration problems.
- Conduct and support white-boarding sessions, workshops, design sessions, and project meetings as needed, playing a key role in client relations.
- Lead and contribute to data implementation projects and/or project independent workstreams.
- Work independently, or as part of a team, to design and develop enterprise data solutions.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Ability to creatively take on new challenges and work outside comfort zone.
- Strong written and oral communications along with presentation and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to learn new technologies and analytics techniques while on the job.
- Minimum 7+ years of developing cloud solutions using data services.
- Demonstrated experience with some of the following: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Snowflake, Databricks, Airflow, and/or other cloud solutions, architecture, related technologies.
- Understanding of distributed systems and architecture design trade-offs.
- Prior implementation experience and/or exposure to data architectures like Delta Lake and/or Lambda for designing data ingestion frameworks for both real time and batch processing.
- 5+ years in data modeling and data architect role for enterprise data modeling across multi-subject areas.
- Experience with conceptualizing and architecting data lakes on cloud-centric platforms; should be able to articulate the value and key components of data lakes.
- Must be hands on with SQL and relational database design and development as well as Python for data-intensive integration tasks.
- Hands-on development experience using and migrating data to cloud platforms (i.e. lift-and-shift).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline.
Nice to have:
- Experience in languages such as Spark and Kafka.
- Experience with designing digital data platforms leveraging clickstream data from Adobe Analytics (Omniture/SiteCatalyst) or Google Analytics.
- Experience working in Agile Scrum teams.
- Linux and Windows proficiency.
- Management consulting experience.
- Project management experience.