Location: Chicago, IL (Hybrid Remote Schedule)
Position Type: Direct Hire
The Applications Architect is responsible for working directly with the business owners from various administrative departments (i.e. Accounting , HR, Marketing, Records etc.) to provide technology guidance, coordination and support to meet the needs of the business. Working with other IT Teams, this position gathers business requirements and creates an overall architecture design which the Applications team will be able to implement. This position will provide overall direction on technical processes and products which support the business owners existing and new initiatives.
Applications supported vary and include: Elite 3E, Intapp Products, Onbase for document storage, all additional Financial Systems applications and other various departmental applications.
- Work directly with the application functional owners to understand their business needs and identify where an IT solution is available. Documenting solutions from both a technical and business perspective is an important function of this role.
- Research new applications and/or application features both independently and by management request. Formulate recommendations and implementation plans.
- In conjunction with other technology teams, establish and maintain an appropriate test environment and execute appropriate application test plans.
- Work with others on the Applications team to evaluate, test and integrate new software and upgrades to existing software.
- Resolve end user issues as escalated by the Service Desk or business owners, including working with software vendors' technical support to resolve complex problems.
- Assist in the creation and/or evaluation of data flows between systems. Understand/implement solutions and maintain the appropriateness of data visibility.
- A minimum of eight years of experience maintaining and supporting Windows desktop environments. This includes the ability to troubleshoot the full spectrum of user issues.
- A minimum of five years experience with desktop applications and desktop application integration procedures and tools.
- Scripting experience to automate various jobs and interfaces. Powershell, VB Script, batch processing, etc.
- Previous experience in software evaluation, implementation, and integration.
- Previous experience breaking down business processes into technology requirements.
- Knowledge of Windows Servers including IIS.
- Legal industry experience supporting 3rd party applications.
- Experience supporting applications implemented through Citrix.